GOLDEN HAMMER AWARDS APPLICATION!
Application Deadline is October 5, 2021
The Golden Hammer Awards Program brings annual recognition to ORCA contractor and associate members. These members will be recognized by their peers for their significant contribution to the roofing industry in the following categories:
Outstanding Residential and Commercial Projects: Two awards will be presented in each of these categories. Your entry could be based on logistical challenges, quality workmanship, uniqueness, difficulty, time constraints, innovative solutions, safety challenges, or anything else you feel caused your projects to be unique.
Outstanding Community Service Projects: Two awards will be presented for outstanding community service projects.
Outstanding Metal Projects: Your entry could be based on logistical challenges, quality workmanship, uniqueness, difficulty, time constraints, innovative solutions, safety challenges, or anything else you feel caused your projects to be unique.
Outstanding Tile Projects: Your entry could be based on logistical challenges, quality workmanship, uniqueness, difficulty, time constraints, innovative solutions, safety challenges, or anything else you feel caused your projects to be unique.
- Unique roofing related projects, programs, services, etc. completed between October 1, 2020 and September 30, 2021 are eligible for entry.
- Current ORCA Member must be the lead contractor.
- The contractor who is applying for the award must have been a member of ORCA at the time of completion of the project.
The deadline for entries is October 5, 2021. Winners will be announced at the ORCA’s Gala on October 22, 2021 at Montellano Event Center, 11200 N. Eastern Avenue, Oklahoma City, OK 73131
Your entry/application will consist of the following items and you will need to submit two copies of each:
- An entry form along with a description of the job, program or event. Please describe what made this job or event so unique that it should be considered for a Golden Hammer Award.
- Description of the job being considered and any relevant materials. Photographs are required (5 maximum) * other supporting documents may be submitted, but only if they describe the uniqueness of the project. *Photos need to be printed and submitted on a thumb drive for use by the awards committee.
- Photos provided must be from before, during, and after the project is complete. The photos must show the awareness of safety when recording their activities. If the project requires fall protection; it should be used. There should be no ladders not tied off, the site should be in order, and the workers should be equipped with personal protective equipment (PPE) as called for given the task at hand.
- Please remember the judges will base their decision on the information you include along with the photos you provide.
- Applicants are responsible for all shipment and postage in sending entries to ORCA.
- All entries become the property of ORCA. DO NOT SEND IRREPLACEABLE MATERIALS! Mailing Address Entry forms and supporting documents must be mailed to ORCA Golden Hammer Awards, 15401 N. May Avenue, Suite 1000, Edmond, OK 73013
What Happens to Entries?
- Entries are screened to verify eligibility.
- Recognized industry experts serve as judges and evaluate each entry.
- The highest-ranking entries in each category will determine the winners of the Golden Hammer Awards.
- The decisions of the judges are final, and scores for individual entries will not be disclosed.
- Failure to follow application guidelines (two copies, printed photos and a thumb drive of photos) will lead you to be disqualified.
Must be postmarked by October 5, 2021.
Click Here to submit your application!